The Dex! Scrafty! Episode 14 is the fourteenth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Shady Guy Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Hoodlum Pokémon, Scrafty! It aired on April 23th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Scrafty, The Hoodlum Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Scrafty has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Scrafty is described as a "Yellow-orange, hood-rat lizard thingie".
- Scraggy and Scrafty have a unique Dark/Fighting-type.
- Scrafty sheds its skin and wears it like a hoody.
- Its high Special Defense stat is attributed to this tough layer of skin.
- The Pokédex states that it can spit acid, and kick through solid concrete.
Pokémon Culture Shock! Edit
- Scrafty is designed to resemble a hoodlum, with its hoody and tendency to travel in groups and beat up other Pokémon.
- Seems to resemble a stereotypical gang member.
- The bright red mohawk doesn't seem to fit with the gang motif, but is rather inspired be the punk movement.
- The punk movement was an anti-establishment response to the popular rock genre at the time.
- The baggy pants also seem inspired by the hip-hop era.
- The bright colors can be related to the Zoot Suits of the US or Teddy Boys of the UK.
- Scrafty seems to be based on a wide array of youth urban movements from around the world.
Battle Strategy Edit
Dragon Dance Sweeper Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Shed Skin
- Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Scrafty naturally doesn't have very good speed or attack.
- However, Scrafty's excellent natural bulk allows it to set up Dragon Dances and sweep.
- Hi Jump Kick and Crunch are hard hitting STABs, while Ice Punch grants excellent type coverage.
- Shed Skin can help protect Scrafty from harmful status like Paralysis and Burn.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Moxie is a great way to make Scrafty even more powerful.
- Drain Punch increases your longevity, at the cost of raw power.
- Substitute can help you set up Dragon Dances.
- Taunt can be used to prevent yourself from getting statused or phased.