The Dex! Flygon! Episode 24 is the twenty-fourth episode of The Dex! Trivia and Battle Strategy Series. It's hosted by Roughneck Alex and Pokekellz and it covers the Mystic Pokémon, Flygon! It aired on July 23th, 2013 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The Dex, Alex and PokeKellz present battle strategy and trivia for a different Pokemon! This week, it's Flygon, the Mystic Pokemon!" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
| Flygon has received updated trivia and/or battle strategy.|
The updated trivia and/or battle strategy can be found here.
- Flygon is classified as the Mystic Pokémon, and is known as the "Elemental Spirit of the Desert".
- It gets this name from the humming noise its wings make when beating at a fast rate.
- Flygon's fast beating wings kick up a lot of sand, which is why Flygon has specialized lenses on its eyes to help it see in the sand.
- It gives off a very elusive vibe, due to being rarely seen because of the sand it kicks up, and the humming noise of its wings.
Pokémon Entymology Edit
- A common misconception is that Flygon is based off of a Dragonfly, due to its name and typing.
- Dragonfly larva are known as nymphs, and live underwater.
- They hunt while underwater, and emerge as dragonflies during spring-time.
- While adult dragonflies no longer live in water, they still stay near water sources, as it is a primary source of food for them.
- This just doesn't match up with Flygon's evolutionary chain.
- The line instead appears to be more related to that of the Antlion.
- Antlion larva are stout, wide-bodied creatures with a large jaw, that create sand-pit traps. This is very similar to Trapinch.
- Vibrava looks very similar to an adult antlion.
- The similarities between Dragonflies and Antlions, often give Antlions the nickname "Sand Dragons", which fits incredibly well with the Flygon line.
Battle Strategy Edit
Physical Sweeper Edit
- Item: Choice Scarf
- Ability: Levitate
- Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
- EVs: Attack and Speed
- Stone Edge
- The Choice Scarf makes Flygon one of the fastest Pokémon within its tier.
- U-Turn allows you to scout your opponent and preserve your HP.
- Outrage, Stone Edge, and Earthquake are all incredibly powerful attacks to use once you figure out your opponent.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Choice Band trades speed for power.
- Fire Punch is a good move for coverage, but isn't very strong.
- A set without a Choice Item and Roost can help keep Flygon around.