- The title of this article is incorrect because of technical limitations. The correct title is Riolu! The MiniDex #2!.
Riolu! The MiniDex #2! is the second episode of first season of The MiniDex! series. It's hosted by Rival Jimmy and it covers the Emanation Pokémon, Riolu! It aired on June 30th, 2014 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The MiniDex, Jimmy covers a Pokemon that might not have been covered on The Dex, because we like to show a little love to every Pokemon :)" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Riolu the unevolved form of Lucario.
- Both Riolu and Lucario are based on the Egyptian god Anubis.
- Riolu's Hidden Ability, Prankster, may be tied to Jackals being clever and tricky.
- In the Bible, Jackals are associated with loneliness and abandonment. This can be tied to Riolu's aura abilities manifesting when it is sad or scared, relating to the theme of abandonment.
Battle Strategy Edit
Little Cup Edit
- Item: No Item Mentioned
- Ability: Prankster
- Nature: No Nature Mentioned
- EVs: No EVs Mentioned
- Cross Chop
- Crunch/Rock Slide
- Egg move Cross Chop for STAB.
- Crunch or Rock Slide for coverage.
- Protect for scouting out the opponent.
- Roar was suggested to force switches and would receive priority due to Prankster. Prankster, however, only increases the priority of status moves by one, taking Roar from a priority of -6 to a priority of -5 (not much help).
Random Thoughts Edit
No Random Thoughts were given for Riolu.