- The title of this article is incorrect because of technical limitations. The correct title is Litwick! The MiniDex #7!.
Litwick! The MiniDex #7! is the seventh episode of first season of The MiniDex! series. It's hosted by Rival Jimmy and it covers the Candle Pokémon, Litwick! It aired on August 11th, 2014 and can be viewed here.
"Every week on The MiniDex, Jimmy covers a Pokemon that might not have been covered on The Dex, because we like to show a little love to every Pokemon :)" - YouTube description
Intro Trivia Edit
- Litwick is a Fire/Ghost-type from Gen 5. Only Litwick and its evolutions share this typing.
- Litwick is tied with Torkoal and Slugma for the slowest Fire-type Pokémon.
- Its name comes from "Lit" and "Wick" as in a candle's wick. "Lit" may also come from "Little".
- Litwick's inspiration could be a combination of the Hitodama (spirits that leave their bodies), Will-o-Wisps, and the stereotypical possessed candlestick.
- Litwick and its evolutionary line's Hidden Ability, Shadow Tag, was unavailable in Gen 5. It was changed to Infiltrator in Gen 6 and made available.
Battle Strategy Edit
Spooky Candle Edit
- Item: Life Orb
- Ability: Infiltrator
- Nature: Quiet (+Sp Attack, -Speed)
- EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Dark Pulse / Psychic
- Litwick is best used on a Trick Room team, due to its low Speed.
- Shadow Ball and Flamethrower for STAB.
- Litwick's Infiltrator Ability will allow it to ignore Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, and Mist.
- Will-O-Wisp for residual damage and cutting the foe's Attack stat.
- Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, or Psychic to round out the set.
Random Thoughts Edit
- Trick Room on Litwick if none of its partner Pokémon know it.